Describing Myself

This post discusses my journey towards the horizons marked with leadership and success. It states how I achieved my dreams through hard work and perseverance. The beginning of this journey was not so pleasant as I was not satisfied with my early years in school. But as I crossed the borders, I realized the big opportunities that lay ahead and how I just have to have trust on myself and my abilities to achieve them. I have now become someone I can be proud of. I have reached the point that will make my father proud of me for he was my role model, my first and foremost teacher. It is the story of my challenges and achievements. The following pages hold the journey of my life in a nutshell.

Describing Myself
Seung Hyun Yoo is my name, and whenever I read my name written in a bold and steady script, I wonder what it would be like if it appeared in the list of Top Ten CEOs of the world. The desire to be the best CEO seems to run in my blood for my father is also one. As he is the CEO of the highly esteemed and thriving Ganong industry in Korea, I feel I have inherited business aesthetics and leadership skills from him. I want to be a good CEO who is recognized globally for his work.
A major part of my life was spent in South Korea. I grew up in Seoul, acquiring a strong base by studying in one of the most prestigious public middle schools. My grades however, were not what I envisioned because I had difficulty fitting in the education system in Korea. This was my very first challenge. I had to float in a system that threatened to drown me had I not been hard working and a go-getter. My first achievement was graduating in flying colors that compelled me to pursue my studies in the USA. Hence, I decided to attend a boarding school and chose St. Johns Northwestern Military Academy in Delafield, Wisconsin which was perfect to polish and bring out the real leader in me.

Life was not easy and I knew there were many more challenges in store. The second one was to get myself accepted among my school mates as a respected and hard-working student. Getting used to the military life was a tough ride at first. However, I knew that I had to adjust and I successfully strived to settle in. The students started accepting me which was another big achievement. I had found my place.

As the sophomore, I added another feather in my cap by getting a GPA over 3.0 and an important position as the squad leader. My job was to take care of six cadets carry out daily inspections and teaching drills, and work towards setting a good example as a leader. I felt this was not enough challenge for me hence I also got myself enrolled in two AP classes. Even with the grueling schedule and rigorous workload, I achieved the status of a model cadet. I also received many military awards as  the winner of the squad competition, the Honor Company, and the Presidents Challenge. As the year neared its end, I finished with a 3.6 GPA and earned my second Deans List Award. My achievements make me stand tall and proud. When I think about my low GPA in Korea, I honestly feel I have come a long way.

In the final year of my high school, I was invited to SJNMA CADRE, a leadership camp for only a few selected cadets. I am now a lieutenant a platoon leader, and the head of the Foxtrot Company which is the best company in school. My current GPA is 3.9 and I am taking one AP and Honors class. I continue to demand more from myself. The real attraction for me lies in being a leader. By attending St. Johns Northwestern Military Academy I have became a strong student, leader and a confident man ready to continue my journey towards the limitless skies.