When I entered college in Canada for a four-year program in Economics in 2007, I had my mind set on pursuing a career in economics.  I prepared myself for this by actively participating in several class assignments, particularly the economics courses.  In those and other several projects, I have understood the different dynamics that come with working for a financial firm. This has kept and maintained my thirst for this great profession over the years and as my records indicate, every day has been an opportunity to polish on what I have previously learned in school.  As my records show, I have continuously shown improvement in my academics in my years in college.

Economics, as a field of study, is a very interesting discipline in that it touches on many other subjects.  The relationship between people and society is one that can be partially explained by the main concept of economics as a study on the allocation of scarce resources among a group.  For one thing, an understanding of economics allows one to see how the current economic crisis is affecting people and dampening employment.  Having had an interest in international trade, I feel that I also want to venture more into matters that revolve around international monies and trade, not leaving behind environmental economics and natural resources.  In my further studies, I look forward to getting more insight regarding foreign exchange in different regions of the world as well as models used by different federal governments to address budget surpluses and deficits in their jurisdiction.

My concern does not end there.  I am interested in learning how federal spending as well as income is handled.  Further, I would like to understand mode and dynamics of taxation both to individuals and organizations.  Under the field of environmental economics, taking it as a minor, I would like to get a better understanding of the actual resultant of pollution, natural calamities such as global warming and recent tsunamis, among others.  Of great importance is the link between the economic costs and benefits versus implementation of environmentally friendly laws.  I strongly believe that economic development should not occur without properly examining the impact that is has on the environment.

There are many who feel that education ends upon completion of college.  I feel differently, however, and understand that there is so much that can be learned in further studies such as graduate school.  In line with my decision to pursue my studies in graduate school, I understand that there are more opportunities for those who receive the extra training necessary to be ahead in todays competitive world.  I feel that in order for me to gain an advantage in the field of economics, I need to devote more time and energy in learning more about the recent developments in this field.  This will enable to pursue my career as a financial consultant or an economist in the future.  As such, I formally present my intention to apply for this course at your prestigious academic institution.