Three words thet describe my bast


If I were given the chance to choose three words to describe my entire personality, I would choose honesty, challenge and kindness. These terms appeal to me the most because they aptly describe how I deal with life. Being honest is one of my desirable qualities. I always tell the truth when someone asks for my opinion. By saying what I believe is true helps in promoting a transparent relationship between me and other people. Through this, I am able to be who I am and people accept me for the real me. There are no pretensions which make interaction and communication more fruitful. However, there are times that people find my honesty a little bit offensive. There are types of people who cannot handle the truth because they are afraid to face the bleakness of reality. For me, this kind of attitude hinders individuals from exploring their utmost potential. But since I am aware that we are all living in a diverse world wherein not everyone is the same, I opt to respect their differences and distinctiveness. In order to avoid further conflicts from occurring when mingling with other people, I have decided to express my honesty in a polite and courteous manner. Also, I try to explain my point of views so that other people would not misunderstood or misinterpret my opinions.

Furthermore, I love facing different challenges. For me, having this kind of experiences helps in developing my skills which will be essential in my future career endeavors. More so, dealing with challenges makes me stronger as a person and it makes my experiences more memorable. There is a saying that states that the more you exert an effort in doing something, the more valuable it becomes.  In line with this, I can say that my experiences in military school were unforgettable and have become a significant part of my life. It is in this type of learning environment that I was able to test my commitment and dedication in attaining my goals. It was not easy to study in a military setting. There are a lot of rules and everyone is expected to follow them to the finest details. Also, all the students must respect the hierarchy of ranks. Given this, I have decided not to be intimidated by all the rules and regulations. Instead, I used this situation in motivating myself to work my way up in the organization. Because of this, I was promoted to different ranks and positions throughout my stay in the military school. I can say that this is one of my achievements because I was able to showcase how I can confront challenges and turn them into something positive which have helped in my personal and professional growth.

Aside from this, I can confidently point out that I am also a kind person. Most of the time, I would put my wants and needs on hold to attend to other people’s needs and wants. For me, I get a sense of fulfillment in doing these things even if I do not receive something in return. I believe that it is more important to lend a hand voluntarily rather than assisting other people just for the sake of getting something in return. The true reward for kindness is seeing the smiles on the faces that I have helped.

At Boston University, interdependency and long-term impact pervades teaching and learning at all levels are promoted in order for the students to stand out in their chosen fields. Through this, I can utilize my being honest, kind and love for challenges to help me find my niche in this reputable academic institution. More so, I believe that through these attributes, I can contribute in making Boston University a more conducive place for learning. I can participate in various academic as well as extracurricular activities to enrich my knowledge and to widen my network of contacts. I believe that through kindness, honesty and fondness for challenges, I can be a step closer in the attainment of my goals.